Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cola, South Cackalacky

Ok...Geo called me out and I'll admit it. Indeed, I have not finished my RAGBRAI write up. However, I'm working on it. I've been in Columbia, South Carolina since last Sunday and I'll be here a few more days before returning to Little Rock. While I've been busy, I did find some time today to explore the area. It's funny....Columbia reminds me of Little Rock. Their capitol complex and statehouse are mid-town and they've got a very nice "artsy" district called the Vista that is similar to our River Market/Argenta. They also have a Hillcrest equivalent which is known as Five Points. It's a southern state, so of course the people are nice and you can say y'all and order SWEET ICED TEA (Figgy would just love it). But most of all, they have a lot of bridges along three rivers that converge near downtown...and that can only mean one thing...a River Trail.

Yes, I found their River Trail today and went on a 2.75 mile or so run. It's slightly different from ours in that their rivers (the Broad, the Saluda, and the Congaree) are very shallow/rocky and are a kayaker's dream. I did see a few road bikes on the trail, but mostly it was fellow runners and families. They do have a few MTB trails...perhaps I'll venture to one of those before I leave. Below are some photos of the area. It's very nice and a must see if you ever visit Columbia, South Carolina (AKA cola, south cackalacky...and we thought AR-KANSAS was a bad nickname).








Anyway, I wanted to post something so there were no accusations of Shawkitty Syndrome!!! I promise more details about RAGBRAI and of my life's ebbs and flows (as Sarah says) are coming soon. Y'all have a good one~

From lovely SC,
SK

1 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

Cool blog....keep living STRONG.