Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Is there such a thing as a "bad day on the bike"?

Is there such a thing as a "bad day on the bike"? If so, I think I had it today. First, I'm battling the upper respiratory crud that is going around (thank you David and Jason...I'm pretty sure it is your fault!) and secondly, I had left knee pain for some reason while *attempting* to ride this evening. I say attempting because I wouldn't even call the rolling of wheels I did today an actual RIDE! I was a pitiful sight...dropping to 10 mph at some points. Whattha??? Holy Bat Man...I really hope this doesn't last too long. I even missed the CARTI Tour de Rock this weekend because my inner ear was hurting/throbbing so bad and I was really dizzy by mid-morning! My training must continue though...only 32 days, 7 hours, 1 minute, and 25 seconds left until Iowa.

And speaking of Iowa, many thoughts and prayers to my LIVESTRONG teammates and their families and friends during this difficult time. My sincerest hope is that the water recedes quickly and you are out of harms way! I'll see you all soon~

Love to all,
SK

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jen, I think there maybe such a thing. I'm sorry you feel crappy, but don't worry about riding through it. You're a strong rider, and you'll be okay at Ragbrai.

dewonn43 said...

All Rides are Good