Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

First and foremost, heartfelt thoughts to fellow Little Rock residents who were hit by the confirmed 6, possibly 7, tornadoes on Thursday. I actually got caught in the whole mess on the way home from an evening meeting, but luckily we were safe when it was all said and done. I have several friends without power and lots of downed trees in their neighborhoods; but for the most part, all is as well as it can be after a natural disaster. To say that Arkansas has been hit with tornadoes and flooding this spring would be an understatement!

Otherwise, it was a pleasant weekend with lots of activities. We hosted a wedding shower/BBQ for Rhonda and Keith on Saturday. I inadvertently introduced Rhonda and Keith, so this event was a little extra special to me. Rhonda and I work together and Keith and I cycle together. One night in a Texas ER for NOT following the "hydrate before you celebrate" rule, followed by one broken collarbone at the MS 150, followed by one evening of some good food and games at our house, followed by a few phone calls, and the rest is history!

About 35 of us from work and the cycling/running groups had a blast wishing Rhonda and Keith well. We managed to consume a huge cake, 20 burgers, 12 brats, a pound of cheese dip, and a "few" brews. Shawdawggie was grillin' as fast as peeps was eating! Our neighbors joined the festivities later in the evening which is always a hoot. I'll really miss them, especially Joe and Karen, as we've become so close in just a short time.

And speaking of, I fly to JAX in a few weeks to interview. I gotta call Friday saying come on down (and east), so we'll go a few days before the interview and stay a few days after so we can check things out and hopefully find a neighborhood we like. This job seems like a good fit and would allow me to be off some in the summer and around Christmas such that I could come back to AR to visit. I'll keep you posted.

Had a good ride/run today. The weather was sunny for a change, although MORE rain is predicted this week. I'm scheduled to meet with the best personal trainer in the world, that would be Cuzzette, on Saturday morning. We're going to "refine/polish" my routine and work a few "problem" areas...should be F-U-N (yeah right, she's known for killin' people, honestly. killing 'em dead with her Nazi routines of bleacher drills and 40-yard dashes...just call her Drill Sgt. Cuzzette). I plan to swim tomorrow and might do some core work and weight training. I wanna watch the game, so we'll see how much I have time for...GO MEMPHIS!

Until next time,
SK

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey JennZing... good luck with the thingy in Jax. I'll be thinking of you.

Just wondering how long it will be until you post again. I've been waiting and waiting and ... hehe.